raspberricupcakes. It was one of her top recipe. I couldn't get my mind of it, but the idea of making it was put on hold for a couple of months, as I thought not many are keen to minty flavor.
For the chocolate cake, I used glorioustreats' perfectly chocolate cupcake recipe:
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (best quality available)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk (sometimes I substitute this with buttermilk!)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (best quality available)
1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 175*C
- In a large mixing bowl, stir sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for one minute or until just combine
- Stir in boiling water (the batter will be thin, don’t worry, this is right).
- Divide the batter into 3 9inch tin (or 2, whatever your heart desire).
- Bake the cake until your cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool before frosting.
Note: The above measurement will give you HUGE/TALL cake. I halved the recipe to get the size above.
Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream
1 cup of butter
1 cup of vegetable shortening
3 teaspoon peppermint flavor (or according to your preference)
1 cup chopped chocolate chips
- Cream butter and shortening until fluffy.
- Add icing sugar until you reach you desired level of sweetness (I usually put in 3/4 cup)
- Add in the peppermint flavor.
- Add in few drops of green coloring until it is evenly incorporated.
- Add in chopped choc chips. Tadaaaaa