I've never liked tiramisu before, because I dont really like coffee, until I know Starbucks and Coffee Bean (the fancy expensive stuff hehe), then it all begun. But weird, I would never buy myself a slice of tiramisu, maybe because of the bad 1st time experience.
Birthday boys with their cake.
My test mousies. See told ya. Happy faces eating cake. But I shayang these dweebs to the bits!
3/4 cup white sugar
2 packages ladyfinger cookies
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- Pour the coffee into a small bowl. Dip ladyfingers in the coffee and arrange in a bottom of a 7x11inch dish
- Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set. Its best to refrigerate it overnight. You can also shave some semi sweet chocolate and sprinkle sprinkle!