Tuesday 26 June 2012

Double Strawberry Summer Cake

It was strawberry madness week. And dearest friend's birthday was around the corner.
PERFECT. For another try-out.
(My friends are my guinea pigs and will always get my squinting eyes when they take the first bite. Haha. Kesian betul)
Yenyway, I went online, searching for some strawberry-ish recipes, and I came across to a few, shortcakes, crepes, cheesecakes etc etc. 
But I need something simple and fast, as I did not have much time to prepare and was tired from travelling the day before.
And...I decided on the one found on raspberricupcakes, and when I first read it, I didn't notice that it was the same recipe for strawberry summer cake! She add a lil twist to it by having it in 2 layers and had icing surrounding it. Easy peasy nay?

Inspired by Steph, I too put my own lil twist on it.

Just split the batter into 2, and bake em' in a 8inch cake tin. 
Spread the strawberries equally between the two tins, you don't have to arrange it nicely though, as it will be layered.

Filled it with some raspberry buttercream (yummmm).

And top it with the ever delish dark choc ganache.
Voila.
Happy Birthday Mont.
(pic credit to Naim)

Click here for raspberricupcakes version.
Click here for the post on strawberry summer cake to get the recipe.
xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment